Sunday, March 8, 2009

When in Doubt; make it red and send it out


Does this movie; with its star studded cast deserve the accolades it received in 2008? DOUBT IT!
Doubt was one of the most overated and over nominated films I've seen recently. I was having flash backs from 2004's, Sideways. From the obnoxious child actors, uneven score and the force fed message in each and every painful scene, Doubt failed on all of its pretentious levels.
I'll call it a piece of shit complete with the stench of over acting from Meryl Streep and little acting from Philip Seymor Hoffman. Did I mention all the kids in the cast sucked? They did. They sucked. John Patrick Shanely lacks subtlety. In his efforts to take the audience on a journey into Doubt in all of its contemporary forms, I found myself laughing or groaning at everything coming my way from this film.
This film was awful. No doubt about it. It sucked. Avoid it if you can. You'll walk away bored, unphased and a little pissed off.
Friday Night Lights is something you should watch on NBC.com. Have I mentioned this? You should. Trust me.
*****Coming Soon*****
Milk, W and Watchmen
QOTD: (text) Baby H
"What are you doing?"
Baby J
"Watching him bake french fries."
Baby H
"Is that a new phrase for something nasty and sexual?"
xoj

1 comment:

Nipper said...

I heart FNL. Heart it!!!