Friday, April 5, 2013

Django Unchained


This is the best movie of 2012, in my opinion of course.
Have you seen it? No, you say.  Oh, you should.  You won't regret it.  You will fall in love with Quentin T. all over again.  I definitely had to cover my eyes in two brutally violent scenes but I know that I am going to have to do this for every Quentin Tarantino film so I am always prepared to do so.

The entire cast is incredible.  Can we talk about Leonardo DiCaprio for a minute? Wow.  He was unbelievably fantastic.  Everyone was. I've always liked Christoph Waltz but you will fall madly in love with him and his character, Dr. King Schultz. Jamie Foxx, Kerry Washington and Samuel L. Jackson kick ass.  The supporting cast is also great, as usual.  Tarantino can write, as we all know.

I am disappointed that the film and cast didn't get more attention during the award season.  The films and actors that did were all excellent but this films stands out to me.  The subject matter is history and I have no doubt that these characters existed to some degree and that this story is not so far from the truth of so many lives in the time of slavery in America.  Just when I thought the subject matter might be sugar coated it was harsh, honest, horrific and disgusting, yet totally normal and typical at the same time, at least to some of the characters.  You understood where every character was coming from and why they were whom they were, which is huge considering the horrible scripts being made in to movies these days.  I was exceptionally thrilled when many characters found themselves dead but not because I like violence but because I knew why this character died. They met their death because of who they were, how they lived and how they treated others.  Sweet Revenge when you know your characters is so juicy.

I give Django Unchained a RAD!

No comments: