Friday, March 8, 2013

Life of Pi

Talk about a complete trip.  The Life of Pi sets out to be a family friendly, coming of age, adventure film and then becomes much more than meets the eye and the mind.  This story was on my brain for many nights after I saw the film.  I wish I would have read the book now that I have seen the movie but I am also happy that I didn't know much about the story before I saw the movie.

The visuals are fantastic.  The performances are wonderful.  Ang Lee forces you to take a look at who you are and ask yourself "what would you have done?"  What would any of us do to survive if we found ourselves trying to?

I love this film and you should definitely see it. You can see this film with almost anyone.  Be careful with littles though.  There are some sad scenes similar to Bambi's mom being shot in the thicket.
The Blu Ray will be released in a week or so and I can't wait to purchase it. SPECIAL FEATURES! This movie is a must for my library.

I give this movie a RAD!

No comments: