Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Life long friendships




Valentines Day! So Valentines Day and I have a relationship the same as most mostly single people do.....we hate each other. Usually I am out with a close girlfriend or group of girls and the day/night goes by with a few bottles of wine, delicious gossip and tastey food. This year my friend MK, a guy that I have known since I was 16 that I grew up with in the small hick town where I went to high school, sent me a text asking if I wanted to be set up on a date?!.

Before I get into the details, I have really known MK for over 15 years. He has lived in Burbank for about 6 years and we were roommates in Burbank in 2003 for a few weeks.

My first attempt at moving to LA fresh out of film school. I left when I got an internship at an ad agency in Seattle that I had wanted more than anything in LA.


The ad agency is now defunct and the owner now owns one of the trendiest night clubs in Seattle. A much more fitting business for him.


So, back to it, MK and I have known each other forever. We know who each other has slept with, dated, hated. We've partied way to hard together. He knows things about me that I hope he never tells anyone in LA and vice versa. We still hang with a lot of the same people when we are back in Seattle. In some ways, MK is like a brother.


So when my long time friend/brother sends me a text asking if I want to meet and go out with an Oscar nominated(this year) crew guy coming in from NYC, I think....sure. MK has my best interests in mind, so it must be a good idea.

Turns out the night he wants me to meet this mystery Oscar nom is Valentines night. PRESSURE! However, I'll be with MK and his wife, so I'll be fine, right? No! It turns out this mystery blind date shows up with his wife and MK has no idea what to do next.

MK has set me up on a blind date, on Valentines Day with an unsuspecting married man. Needless to say, I'm not a fan of Valentines Day and it doesn't appear I will be any year soon. VDay can eat a dick for all I care.

Lesson learned: Never let one of your GUY friends set you up on a blind date. They forget about the minor details!

I've promised in a past blog to blog about dating in LA. The problem is, I haven't really dated in LA yet. I'm not sure how ready I am to date in a city with 9,948,081 people living in it. There are billboards stating that over 30,000 women get STDs a year in LA county alone. That is disgusting. Also, LA gets smaller and smaller each day that I'm here. Everyone knows everyone in the industry.

All I want to do is get screenplays made into movies; movies distributed and money for my investors. I don't need anyone knowing anything other than that about me.
xoj

1 comment:

noel said...

more like this + pics plz