Saturday, August 1, 2009

Surfing

The summer of 2009 started for me in late May.
I packed up my life, put it in Storage in Venice, CA., drove up to Seattle for a paid producer gig and have been couch surfing ever since.

Thus far I have crashed on 9 separate couches.
Tim & Jenny's in Maple Leaf, Seattle.
Matty's also in Maple Leaf.
Dawn & Ben's in South Park, Seattle.
Jennifer's in West Seattle.
Megan's in Eastlake, Seattle.
Chris & Nicole in Venice, CA.
Heidi & Joe in Sherman Oaks, CA.
Alesia in Hollywood, CA.
Noel & Katie in Wallingford, Seattle.

My Dad's in SLC, but I don't think dads count, cuz he actually has a bedroom for me and he feeds me and pays for everything. All that rad stuff that parents do for their kids in their early 20's coming home for the summer from college.
Thanks, Dad. I'm definitely out of college and totally old enough to take care of myself, but we are in a recession and therefore I surf. The couch!

It's now August 1st, ( may dad's birthday, BTW) and I am still surfing couches through October 1. By October 1, I'll have surfed 10 couches in 2009. I'm hoping to bring this amazing summer of couch surfing to an end by moving into an apartment with my Santa Monica loving bestie, baby B.

We aim to stay near the beach and in Santa Monica due to our love of surfing the waves and her return to school for the next two years.
I miss Santa Monica when in Seattle and Seattle when in Venice and normal communities when in SLC.
This has been an amazing summer and I'm happy that there is one month left to enjoy.

xoxojoy

No comments: