Tuesday, May 10, 2011

J Mascis




















This is J Mascis latest Album.
It's extremely mellow, chill and low key. He's an amazing musician and I was lucky enough to see him live at the Echo in L.A. over the weekend.

Thanks again to Sub Pop Records

The show opened with The Black Heart Procession who are very haunting. A two man show with unique, powerful, eerie songs. It's the first time hearing them. I'll own their albums, but I'll probably never see them live again, it was way mellow and there is no seating at the Echo and I really wanted to take a nap and have nightmares of ghosts from the 18th century chasing me to the ballads playing.

Finally J took the stage and he was awesome. He plays the guitar and sings so uniquely. I'm surprised by this album, I'm used the Dinosaur Jr J, not this J. This J is full of melodies, poetry and soft well written songs.

The album is relaxing and enjoyable. The show was kick ass. J Mascis is Rad.
Be sure to check out Sub Pop's website for tour dates and release dates from all their cool ass bands.

I love you Sub Pop!

No comments: