Thursday, May 5, 2011

THATH



























This is The Head and the Heart, an indie band that will make you smile, sing and dance, all at the same time. (and you don't even have to be wasted)

THATH recently signed with Sub Pop in Seattle after a self released album reached number one on local Seattle record shops top 10 charts.

Sub Pop was generous enough to let me review the bands latest self titled album. I opened my cd, popped it in the cd player in my car and the rest is, as they say, history. There are 10 catchy, harmonized, eclectic songs for your listening pleasure. My favorite is Ghosts, but I really, really, really dig this album as a whole.

Sub Pop also sent me to the bands Los Angeles show at Troubadour last week and I couldn't believe how excellent they are live. They engaged the audience and sang their hearts out to us. I shook my booty off with the people around me, including dudes. It's amazing to see a show with so many talented musicians, their instruments, voices and unique styles on one stage singing jammin songs together. THAT was the best live show to start off my summer of 2011 in Los Angeles.

This band is RAD and the Album is Radical. Get it and see them live when they come to your city.

Thank you Sub Pop Records for signing indie bands and letting me listen to their albums and see their shows. Check out all of Sub Pops bands here: http://www.subpop.com/ You won't regret it.



No comments: