Tuesday, January 27, 2009

He's just not that into you.....missing the eye candy


Today I found myself sitting in traffic on La Brea heading South out of Hollywood. It took me 3o minutes to get from Beverly to Venice Blvd. The slow jam was the ripple affect of a horrible accident at a huge intersection where a black Tahoe met some other car which was now unrecognizable. The driver and passenger of the Tahoe both left craters laced with shattered glass in what was once the windshield. The coroners attempt at hiding the bodies with the coroner van doors wide open, failed. The shattered windshield left a surge of just how dangerous driving in LA really is. I've been here only 10 months and have grown accustom driving the race that is LA. You have to be aggressive, fast and pissed off. I have a point to this tale and it actually has nothing to do with driving in LA. I'm sorry people lost their lives today in a fatal LA driving accident, but I believe that we are here in shells and we arrive in a much more powerful and peaceful place when we move on.
What I really want to bring up is that everywhere you look in LA there is a billboard with a movie poster on it. Above your head on the street, on the bus, on the side of the gas station, painted on the walls of the tallest buildings, sparsely and strategically built between downtown, Hollywood and Culver City. Movies, Movies, Movies and more movies all around you. Tempting the LA driver to look away from the road, their cell phone and GPS and look to the grand movie billboard. While stuck in the fatal traffic jam, slowly working my way to the 10 West back to Santa Monica, I had 30 minutes to stare at the billboard for the upcoming movie....He's Just Not That Into You. Just in time for Valentines Day, reminding me that I am forever a single bachelorette and will be lucky to get a phone call from my father on V day; non the less a date. I stare and stare at the poster slowly despising it's image. Not just because of V day, but because this cute dating, ensemble movie has some of the sexiest actresses cast and 4 of the worst looking guys. Justin long? Kevin Connolly? What? I see guys like this at the coffee shop day in and day out. Where is the ever so sexy Ryan Reynolds? Where is the insanely sexy Taylor Kitsch of Friday Night Lights? Where is Matthew McConaughey? I could go on. The point is, this is a chick flick with hot chicks. When is Hollywood going to get what women want? We want hot dudes to look at just as much as guys want hot chicks to look at.
I was never planning on paying $12 to see this movie. I would have rented it, but after 30 minutes of seeing clearly that Ben Affleck and Bradley Cooper are up against the likes of Jennifer Aniston, Scarlet Johansson(Kanye's favorite white girl.FYI) and Drew Barrymore, I'm going to pass.
After all, I am a single woman who loves attractive men.
The producers of HJNTITY must be dudes or duds. I am unable to ethically support their poor judgement. Flower Films, you should know better.

No comments: