Monday, January 26, 2009

Winners and not winners.....


Okay, so the winners for both the Slamdance and Sundance Film Festivals 2009 have been announced.
Check the happy kids out on the websites:



So, I'm really happy for the winners. Ya, Ya and Ya. Congrats to everyone who got into the festivals. Thousands of films didn't and you should feel great that your project made it into the screenings of one of the two of the largest international film festivals in the world. Good for you.
I'm back in Santa Monica, soaking up sun, sweating out booze and prepping up to read hundreds of Teleplays, Feature Screenplays, Short Screenplays and Horror screenplays. I'm in severe need of deep R&R, a long shower, waxing and a massage. It has finally occurred to me that it is 2009 and the beginning of a new year. For those of you who write screenplays, I hope to read yours. For those of you who work on indie films, I hope to see yours. I have a few screenplays to finish this year and a short film shooting in Seattle WA in late summer. Not only am I judging and programming all of you, I am being judged and programmed. Sweet potato pie!
I hiked one of the trails in Topanga Canyon yesterday after unpacking my winter attire. (On four hours of Park City sleep) with my SM pals. It was an amazing view and reminded me of how beautiful California is. I'm so happy to be back. I missed my non filmmaking friends when I was sober or sleeping while in festival village. They are excited to have me back and to be drug from movie, to festival, to restaurant or bar, outdoor adventures and then some. Ya, friends! I heart you, LA. Here's to movies, food and dudes! xoj

No comments: